We are members of ‘The Hand-Maids of Mary’s - a missionary religious congregation of pontifical right, called to live a life of holiness according to the Charism and Spirit given to us by our Founder, Rev. Fr. Edmund Harrison S.J. Our spirit is total availability to the will of God in joyful service following the example of Jesus Christ who surrendered His will to that of His Father. We render our services in the areas of social work, health care and value based education. In all these, special attention is paid to the poor, women & children and other weaker sections of the society.
The Congregation of the Handmaids of Mary was founded at Kesramal, which was then a part of Gangpur in the state of Orissa in India, in the year 1944 by Fr. Edmund Albert Joseph Harrison S.J. The Congregation grew and gradually spread to different parts of the country and abroad joyfully rendering its valuable services to the needy all around.